Veils from Elizabeth Dickens @SavvyCinderella
Savvy Cinderella is one of East Anglia’s largest Independent, family owned Bridal Studio;s in East Anglia. Operating from our 3000sq ft premises in March, Cambridgeshire, we pride ourselves in knowing personally all the suppliers we recommend.
One of our fabulous suppliers is Elizabeth Dickens Veils. Also based in Cambridgeshire, Elizabeth Dickens are know throughout the wedding world as being not only amazing manufacturers of veils, but also as thoroughly decent people.
A family run business like Savvy Cinderella, Alan and Nina are always on hand to answer questions we may have, and also offer guidance and support when we are looking for new ideas. They are always helpful to us here, and their products are always of outstandingly good quality, design and price. Manufactured entirely in the UK, we like to say, each veil is handmade by very lovely people. The people behind the product matter a lot to us at Savvy Cinderella. We need to know that all our suppliers are the best at what they do, and that we can pass on their services and products to our customers, knowing that the quality and the customer service is the best we can offer. This is exactly what you get with Elizabeth Dickens.
As Savvy Cinderella is a family run business, people are important to us, so we recommend only suppliers that we trust and like. It may seem strange to want to like a supplier, but in any walk of life, you do tend to buy from people you like, people you want to do business with, and people you can trust. Thats not to say we haven’t had our fingers burnt in the past, by trying to overlook that niggling doubt that the rep or sales person isn’t someone that you would normally do business with, and ultimately we have been let down. But we have learnt our lesson, and a valuable one at that. Always trust your gut instincts. If you get a bad vibe from someone, there is a reason for that, trust your inner voice. No matter how good the product, if the Company behind that product is rude, unhelpful or just hard to deal with, we just take our business elsewhere. Life is too short to deal with horrible people who just cause you stress, so for us, Elizabeth Dickens is the only supplier for Veils that we will ever use.
We have used Elizabeth Dickens Veils since we opened in 2008. Although I have known Alan for many years, from a time way back when we both had bad 80’s hair and I drove a Ford Fiesta XR2. From the day we started Savvy Cinderella, Alan and Nina were so supportive of us, and what we were wanting to do, and have given us so much help and training about veils. Steph and I could now both appear on MasterMind on the chosen subject of ‘Veils, and the manufacturing of..”
You can buy your Elizabeth Dickens Veil from our online-store www.savvy-cinderella.co.uk or come to our studio, where we have a lovely selection.
The devil is in the detail as they say, and the detailing on a Elizabeth Dickens Veil is often delicate and subtle, with a wonderful hint of sparkle. There are 100’s of veils to choose from, and Elizabeth try never to discontinue a veil, (subject to lace availability etc)
RUSSIA BRAID – A CORD OF APPROXIMATELY 3MM, SEWN ONTO THE EDGE OF THE VEIL. IT IS QUITE FIRM AND BEST USED AS A STRAIGHT EDGE OR IN ROWS.
RIBBON EDGE – A BIAS RIBBON, AVAILABLE IN A 5MM OR A 10MM FINISHED WIDTH, SEWN ONTO THE EDGE OF THE VEIL.
FLAT TAPE – A 5MM WIDE TAPE STITCHED TO THE VEIL EDGE. SOFTER AND MORE PLIABLE THAN RUSSIA BRAID, IT LENDS ITSELF TO SCALLOP EDGES.
The quality of crystals used by Elizabeth Dickens is second to none – and the subtle sparkle can really twinkle in the light.
Crystal and Pearl Droplets are delicate and such a beautiful enhancement to your dress.
Lace is obviously a big story for weddings again this year, and the choice of lace is vast. Elizabeth Dickens Veils have got a stunning range of lace veils, from a heavy lace to a delicate one, beaded to plain. Elizabeth Dickens work very hard to bring you choice and quality and affordability. My favourite is the Mermaid pictured below.
Straps for your wedding gown are also a wonderful idea, and easy to be attached. We have a great selection in store. Please call for details and prices.
Top 10 Do’s and Don’ts
1. Colour Match – make sure your veil is a close match to your dress. White veils with Ivory dresses are really noticeable.
2. Length – as a general rule, the longer the veil, the shorter time you wear it. Consider a short version for the reception if you opt for a long one during the ceremony and photo’s.
3. Tiers. A 2 tier is standard, but if you want a sleek look, and will not have the blusher over your face, then a single tier is ideal. For a fuller effect, a three tier gives you a real ‘Pricilla Presley Look”
4, Store your veil carefully. Keep it in the bag until closer to your wedding, then hang up full length.
5 Never ever steam or iron your veil. A good veil will loose its creases when hung up, or when hot air from a hair drier is applied.
6. Dont let your hairdresser use your veil for hair trials. (We supply trial veils) Hairspray and hot tongs have been know to damage veils before the big day.
7. If you have your veil over your face at the ceremony, practice with the person responsible for pulling it back off your face at the service. (if you have a tiara, slide your hand over the tiara before it is pulled back, to avoid snags)
8. Security – a hairclip/ grip underneath the comb will secure it in place.
9. Watch out for heavy lipstick and lipgloss
10. Photographers Trick. – On windy days, a couple of clothes pegs hidden on the back, weighting the veil down, will keep your veil in place. (remember to remove them for side shots etc)
Savvy Cinderella, Unit 5a, Foundry Way, March, Cambs, PE15 0WR 01354 655588 firstname.lastname@example.org www.savvycinderella.co.uk